Announcing Cardmotron

• administrators

Fresh Volition news for your Thanksgiving holiday week (or, for those outside the US, your...Tuesday?). We launched a little card layout tool called Cardmotron.

You might see an email about it a little later, but in broad strokes, it's a layout tool we developed to prepare game assets for Volition. You upload an XLSX spreadsheet and it generates print-ready layouts. Our game designer @cryptogogue_ken found it so useful that we decided to make it available to everyone. If you’re a game designer and need an easy way to lay out your cards for print, check it out.

We're really only developing Cardmotron insomuch as it serves our purposes for Cryptogogue projects, so it's not something we'll be maintaining or supporting officially. But, we thought it would be a fun tool for any hobbyist game designers. You can see the source code and detailed instructions here.

Thanks for following us down this path for as long as you have.

• playtesters

Oh wow, this seems like something that's ideal for my, admittedly relatively unique, usage case. I'll have to give it more of a look once my schedule calms down a bit, but from what I've seen it's pretty impressive!

• playtesters

Wow thanks for sharing! That looks like a really handy tool for card projects ^^

Looks like your connection to Volition Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.